Sign Up Now and earn AIA CE Credits
Course Title: Sustainable Surfaces - The Benefits of Composite Pavers
During the Industrial Revolution, engineers looked for ways to create materials that were strong, waterproof, and long-lasting. New advances in technology led to the creation of beautiful, better-performing, longer-lasting, and sustainable materials for a wide use of applications.
In this course, we compare traditional pavers with composite paver systems and how they differ in durability, lifespan, and maintenance. In addition, we discuss how composite pavers produce a smaller carbon footprint and are a more sustainable solution than traditional pavers.
- Discuss the benefits of composite in-ground pavers, roof deck pavers, and resurfacing pavers and how they can help design professionals create more sustainable projects.
- Contrast the sustainable attributes of composite materials over traditional pavers including carbon footprint, recyclability, durability, maintenance, and safety of occupants.
- Compare the costs, installation, design options, and applications for composite pavers and concrete pavers and how they benefit owners.
- Review case studies that illustrate the sustainable, durability, and safety attributes of composite pavers and best practices for design professionals
Aspire Pavers provide architects with solutions for a variety of applications and enables practically endless design capabilities. You have many design options with four paver sizes, 13 colors, and six patterns… or create your own interlocking pattern. Use on Rooftops, Balconies, Patios, Courtyards, Walkways, Driveways, Parking Lots, Schools, Parks, Playgrounds, Pools, Horse Stables, and more. Your customers will love the look and feel of their new Aspire Paver System and our team is available to assist with specifications and other design assistance.
- Lightweight – Great for rooftops and balconies. Only 6.7 lbs. per sf. Requires less costly structural design requirements often needed for concrete and porcelain pedestal systems.
- Authentic Looking – Looks like real bricks and concrete pavers.
- Durable – Won’t crack, scratch or stain like typical concrete pavers.
- Comfortable – Pavers are softer and more comfortable than concrete or porcelain.
- Multiple Design Options – Create your own design with multiple sizes, colors and patterns… there are practically endless design possibilities.
- Saves Labor – The patented grid system enables fast and easy installation with less labor. The grid also prevents individual pavers from sinking or heaving like typical brick and concrete.
- Maintenance Free – No sealer required. Building maintenance crews love how easy it is to remove and replace when they need to conduct maintenance or repair leaks in the roof.